Taking the OMV permit test in Louisiana is easy if you are prepared. Using this study guide, and taking the permit practice test will help make the process simple.
As you're preparing to take the Louisiana driver permit test, it's important that you study as much as possible to better prepare yourself for the test. You should use the Louisiana Driver’s Guide as your primary resource to study. Let’s take a look at the format of the test in detail, along with the most relevant pages and passages of text.
You will typically be tested on 40 questions randomly taken from 100 possibilities and 80% correct answers are needed to pass the test. All questions will be given to you in multiple choice and there are 4 possible answers from which to choose. The test covers your knowledge of Louisiana driving laws, traffic signs and signals and safe driving practices.
Important Sections and Chapters to Study
The content of this test is centered around all of the information contained in the Louisiana Driver’s Guide. The manual is nearly 140 pages, and while much of the information is important, there are a few specific sections and passages that you should devote extra study time towards.
- Details on the rules for teen drivers can be found in chapter 1 of the manual, pages 1-8. It is here that you will find everything that you will need to know about permit restrictions, types of licenses you will need and the Louisiana graduated driver license program.
- The next section of import is chapter 3, known as Signs, Traffic Lights and Pavement Markings, beginning on page 22. You can expect a few questions on the test about road signs and markings.
- Chapter 4 focuses on Basic Driving and Safety, covering seat belts, driving habits and steering methods from pages 38-53.
- Chapter 5 is called Safe Driving Habits and begins on page 54. It extensively covers defensive driving techniques and safe following distances, as well as sharing the road with bicycles, motorcycles and big trucks. Every section in chapter 5 from pages 54 to 85 is essential.
- Chapter 6 is all about Traffic Laws and Regulations, with the most important section extending from pages 86-94.
- Chapters 7 and 8 discuss important strategies on how to handle specific driving situations.
- Chapter 9, called Driving Offenses, is of utmost importance. There will quite likely be questions on the test concerning alcohol and driving.
Taking the Louisiana permit pactice test, will help you become more familiar with both the structure and the content of the permit test.