Preparing for the permit test in Arkansas does not have to be difficult. Using this study guide, and taking the permit practice test will help make the process easy.
If you want to increase your chances of passing the Arkansas driver's exam on the first try, you'll need to study. In general, your best bet is to thoroughly study selections from the official Arkansas Driver License Study Guide.
In Arkansas, the driver's examination consists of approximately 25 multiple choice questions. Prospective drivers who take the exam must score at least 80% questions correct in order to receive a passing grade. The main focus of the exam are questions relevant to traffic laws, road signs and driver's safety techniques such as defensive driving.
In the event that you fail the exam the first time around, you can re-take it as many times as is necessary in order to pass. However, you will have to pay an additional fee each time you take the exam, so it is best to pass the first time around.
Sections to Study
The entire Arkansas driver license study guide is useful, so applicants should read the entire publication. However there are some particular sections that are worth extra study when it comes to passing the knowledge exam. The permit tests is primarily concerned with knowledge of actual driving laws and situations. So for example, parts of the study guide concerning administrative rules and licensure are usually not relevant. Important sections to study include:
- Types of Graduated Driver Licenses pages 2-3
- Rules of the Road pages 12-23 - This covers the specifics of Arkansas traffic laws. Spend extra time learning the shapes, colors and meaning of road signs and pavement markings on pages 14-18.
- The Rules of Safe Driving pages 24-42 - This section provides important strategies on how to handle a variety of driving conditions
- Driving Fitness pages 46-50 - Pay special attention to the section on Drinking and Driving starting on page 48.
- Emergencies pages 51-56 - This portion of the guide has great tips on how to respond to unexpected situations.
You should also take a Arkansas permit practice test, so that you can better understand how the questions are written. By studying and becoming familiar with these sections of the official study guide, you will not only have a better chance of passing the exam, but you'll be equipped with the knowledge to operate a vehicle safely.